Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 8, Thing 19: Web 2.0 Awards

I looked at a lot tools and liked 3 in particular.
For fun, try www.onesentence.org where participants try to tell a story in one sentence. Some are sad, some are funny, most are interesting.
Under books, I liked www.biblio.com. I had been looking for books from my youth that appear to be out of print (namely the Cherry Ames series) and found them there for sale, and cheap!
For office use, you can't beat Google Docs for collaborative writing. As I understand it, you can create a document, and all involved can make changes with all revisions recorded. You don't need to send it as an attachment in email and wait for an answer. All you need is a browser. I think we really could have made much use of this last year on the evaluation team, where we had many documents (evaluations and behavior lists) that needed to be commented on and revised.

No comments: